· Your contact information (name, valid e-mail address, postal address, or phone number); or
· Your billing information (credit card information, expiration date, and security code); or
· Your IP address, geolocation, User ID (if you register for any Services), or similar information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN FROM YOU? WHEN DO WE OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION?
If, upon visiting our Site, your use is limited to browsing our informational content, we will not require that you provide us with any personal information. However, we may request personal information from you at other times. For example:
• If you enroll or subscribe to The Lead-Lag Report or any other services through our Site, then we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, valid e-mail address, credit card number, expiration date, mailing address, or telephone number.
• When processing your payment information, we use an authorized third-party partner for billing and collection. Accordingly, your credit card information will be transferred and disclosed to our authorized payment processor. Our authorized payment processor (as discussed in more detail below) employs a variety security and risk management technologies to facilitate secure on-line transactions and to protect your credit information. You can find more information at www.stripe.com and https://stripe.com/privacy.
• If we elect to host discussion forums, and you desire to post to our discussion forums, we may ask that you provide us with your name, e-mail address, and password.
• If the Company or any of our business partners hosts or sponsors any contests or promotions and you want to participate, we may request your name, e-mail address, and other information as may be required by the rules of the specific contest.
• If you choose to participate in a customer survey conducted by us or by one of our business partners, we may ask for your name, e-mail address and other information as may be required by the survey.
• If you report a problem, we may ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, or designated User ID. We also may keep a record or copy of your correspondence with us.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE SECURITY AND QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We have implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative procedures to maintain accurate, current, and complete information as well as to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, or alteration when it is under our control. Your personal information will be encrypted and stored on our secured servers. Your personal information is also password protected so that access is limited to yourself, the Company, and those authorized third party partners who are providing services directly for the Company (and who are under written obligation to maintain the confidentiality of your information).
We also have taken steps to help protect the integrity of your personal information when you complete a purchase transaction on our Site. As noted above, we use a third party (e.g., Stripe) to facilitate confidential online payment transactions. Stripe helps prevent your credit card and other payment information from being read by unauthorized persons by using encryption for the secure exchange of your personal information. Although the Company uses Stripe to process your credit information and payment information, the Company does not retain any credit card numbers. Once the transaction is completed, information about the sale (without credit card information) is stored in a password-protected online database maintained by Stripe. You may view more about Stripe’s privacy practices at and https://stripe.com/privacy
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain, and improve your experience on our Site and provide you with the products and services you request.
• If you check or select any “opt-in” feature on our Site, we may from time to time send you e-mails regarding our Site, our products and services, and the products and services of our partners that we believe may be of interest to you.
• We use your financial information (e.g., your credit card number) only to verify your credit and to bill you for services purchased through our Site. We also use your contact information as necessary to send you information about the services that you have purchased on our Site.
• When you enter any sweepstakes, contests or promotions sponsored by us or by one of our business partners, we may use your e-mail address to send you status updates.
• We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the services offered on our Site. We also use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information that we may share with our business partners, but only in the aggregate without any of your personal information.
• We may research the demographics, interests, and behavior of our customers based on the information provided to us during registration, during sweepstakes, contests and promotions, from our server log files, from cookies and from surveys. Our research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may share this aggregate data with business partners, but only in the aggregate, without any of your personal information.
CAN YOU “OPT-OUT” OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM COMPANY?
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails or other mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to [email protected]. Similarly, if you are not receiving our promotional e-mails or other mailings and wish to receive these materials, you may opt-in at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to [email protected].
PRIVACY POLICIES OF COMPANY PARTNERS.
DO WE SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. If and when we intend to share your personal information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein), you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will have the option of not permitting the transfer. However, we may from time to time rent or sell demographic information in the aggregate that does not contain your personal information.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We generally will not disclose any of your personal information except when we have your permission to do so or under some special circumstances described below.
• We may share your personal information with our business partners and affiliates with whom we work to provide our products and services. Such business partners may include our authorized payment processing company; credit and fraud reporting agencies; tax collection services; information technology providers, and related services. In addition, we may share your personal information with our advisors, such as lawyers and accountants, who are obligated to keep your personal information confidential.
• As noted previously, we may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services as well as sweepstakes, contests, and promotions. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services or any jointly sponsored sweepstakes, contests or promotions will become the joint property of Company and its business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
• We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you want to receive this information, we may (but only with your permission) share your name and e-mail address with them.
HOW CAN YOU UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may edit your personal information and your password at any time by sending an e-mail request to [email protected].
A cookie is a piece of information contained in a small file that is stored in your Internet browser or elsewhere on your hard drive. Cookies allow a website to identify a user's device whenever that user returns to the website. They are commonly used in order to make websites work more efficiently and enrich the user experience, as well as to provide information to the owners of a website.
Types of Cookies
Below is a list of the main cookies used by our Site. Where appropriate, cookies are only used after you consent to such use. Please note that we may from time to time modify or update our cookies.
· Session Cookies: These cookies are used to maintain your transaction. Generally, your session cookies expire when your browser is closed. The use of the session cookies reduces the need for Company to transfer your information over the Internet.
· Functionality Cookies: These cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the Site and allow our Site to remember the choices you make (such as user name, language, or the region you are in). They are often used to record specific browsing information (including the way you arrive on the site, the pages you view, options you select, information you enter and the path you take through the site) against an individual customer profile.
· Authentication Management Cookies: These cookies help us authenticate your identity.
· Analytics Cookie: These cookies are used to estimate our audience, identify usage patterns, and speed up searches.
· Google Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, how visitors reached our Site, and the pages they visited while on the Site. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our Site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above Click here for an overview of Google’s privacy practices.
· Third-Party Tracking or Remarketing Cookies: We have relationships with other carefully selected partners to assist in the delivery of a quality Site. We may use tracking cookies and remarketing cookies provided by our partners to track your movement between our Site and other websites and to better target content, marketing, and advertisements that may be of interest to you. We do not have access or control over the cookies and similar technologies that our partners may use.
How to Control Cookies
You may control acceptance of cookies by modifying your Internet browser preferences. You may accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies. Please note that if you choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access portions of our Site and may be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies.
Below are several examples of how you may disable cookies used on our Site:
For more detailed information on how to control cookies you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org
WHAT ELSE SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT YOUR ONLINE PRIVACY?
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or the practices of our Site, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]